Whoopi Goldberg breaks silence over claims she dated Jeffrey Epstein
The 70-year-old was forced to defend herself after appearing 21 times in the latest batch of Epstein file
She continued: « They don’t want to charter so they’re looking for private owners. Here’s the info. And they give all the information and they’re saying ‘Do you want to offer your G2?’ »
Co-host Joy Behar then commented: « So in other words, anyone can be on this list. »
To which Goldberg confirmed: « This is my point. I’m telling you when people are trying to turn me into – I wasn’t his girlfriend, I wasn’t his friend, I was not only too old but it was at a time where this is just not – you used to have to have facts before you said stuff.”
Appearing visibly frustrated, Goldberg then added: “I’m speaking about me because I’m getting dragged. People actually believe that I was with him. It’s like ‘honey, come on.’ Every man that I’ve ever been with you’ve known about him because either the Inquirer wrote about it, people wrote about this stuff. And no I didn’t get on the plane because you know what I would have to do to get on that plane? They’re trying to get me to get on a plane to get to this thing for Julian Lennon.”
The email that Goldberg referenced dates back to May 8 2013, when the organizers of a charity event had put a call out for private owners of jets to try and get her to Monaco in time, as her original travel plans had been disrupted.
The email reads: « Whoopi Goldberg needs a plane to get to Monaco. John Lennon’s charity is paying for it. They don’t want to charter so they are looking for private owners. he scheduled jet fell through yesterday and they are scrambling to get Whoopi over to Monaco.”
The View co-host Whoopi Goldberg has addressed the latest rumors circulating online regarding her and Jeffrey Epstein.
This week a list of Jeffrey Epstein’s associates has been made public and social media has been put into a frenzy.
While many have vilified the famous individuals mentioned on the list, others have used it as an opportunity to muddy the waters.
They have done this by insisting that certain celebrities’ names were on the list or that they were closely tied to the deceased convicted pedophile Epstein.
At the beginning of The View morning show on Thursday (January 4), Whoopi Goldberg condemned the rumors she was on the list or had any connection to Epstein.
“Let me bring that up, the conspiracy theory folks,” Goldberg said.
“I have to explain, because there was a fake list and I’m on it. »
“I don’t know, they said I was on the island, and I’m like, ‘I don’t go anywhere!’ I don’t know what I’ve done to anybody,” she added. “But apparently there are a lot of these kind of sites that are satire sites, but people don’t realize that they can be harmful.”
“I’ve never been kicked out of Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant. I’ve never been kicked out of Guy Fieri’s restaurant. I didn’t get kicked off Bill Maher’s show. I didn’t get into a fight with Oprah [Winfrey] backstage here at The View. It’s insane, it goes on and on and on.”
She also spoke about how some satire sites can get away with confusing the narrative of complex topics.
“[Sites] get away with posting all sorts of garbage and they call it satire,” Goldberg added.
“But I’m saying this now: As we’re talking about this, people who post these things should be very careful, because once someone is cleared of your insanity, they’re gonna call their lawyer on you.”
People have long been calling for the list of Epstein’s associates to be made public.Following an order from the judge, they were released as part of a 2015 defamation lawsuit brought against Ghislaine Maxwell, a known associate of convicted sex offender Epstein, by one of his accusers, Virginia Giuffre.
At the time, the names were kept secret under a court-ordered seal – with the names ‘John Doe’ or ‘Jane Doe’ used to refer to those involved.
The woman who was driving Jeffrey Epstein accuser, Virgina Giuffre, before the car crashed with a bus last week has broken her silence.
Cheryl Sassela, 71, was behind the wheel of the car with Virginia on board before it collided with a school bus in Perth last week.
Virginia, who accused Jeffrey Epstein and Prince Andrew of sexual abuse, posted on Instagram on March 30 that she had been in a car accident and had been given ‘four days to live’ after suffering ‘kidney renal failure’ from the crash.
In her emotional post, she added: « I’m ready to go, just not until I see my babies one last time. My heart is shattered and every day that passes my sadness only deepens. »
The 41-year-old’s family told LADbible Group that she remained in ‘serious condition’ after being ‘banged up and bruised,’ noting the post to her Instagram she ‘thought she had posted on her private Facebook page’.
However, the Western Australia Police Force later said it received ‘a report of a minor crash’ which occurred between a car and a school bus.
The driver of the bus, named Ross Muss, also claimed it ‘wasn’t a major crash’ to Mail Online.
« It’s just all blown out of proportion and I know what happened. I didn’t even see her in the car, » he claimed.
Now, Cheryl, a caretaker at Virginia’s $1.3 million hobby farm, has now spoken out about the saga.
Speaking to Daily Mail Australia, she said the incident, which resulted in a broken taillight on her car, had led to a misunderstanding.
« I’m not covering for her. I’m not implicated in a cover up, » she said. « I’m sure Virginia will release a statement soon to clear it all up. »
On Sunday, Virgina said in the Instagram post: « I won’t bore anyone with the details but I think it important to note that when a school bus driver comes at you driving 110km as we were slowing for a turn that no matter what your car is made of it might as well be a tin can. »
The bus driver said the crash took place at around 3pm on March 30 when he tried to overtake a slow-moving white car when it went under 75kmh.
But he claimed the car suddenly began to turn right as he was trying to overtake in the school bus that was travelling with 29 children still on board.
Munns claimed he beeped his horn, but ended up clipping the car and both vehicles stopped.
He said: « The driver basically pulled out in front of me. I made sure she was alright, and I went and did a police report. She was elderly and I asked if she was ok, and she said, ‘Yes I’m ok’.
« I asked if she lived here and she said, ‘No I’m a carer’, and I told her she needs to put her indicator on when you have to turn.
« That’s all the conversation was, and she asked how the kids were and I said, ‘fine’. It wasn’t a major crash. »
Although he claimed not to have seen Virginia in the car, a police report later confirmed a 41-year-old passenger was in the passenger seat.
A spokesperson for Virgina also said she had ‘made a mistake’ by publishing the post publicly.