Shia LaBeouf speaks out with cryptic two word response after arrest and ‘terrorizing’ New Orleans during Mardi Gras

Shia LaBeouf has shared a cryptic post on social media after being arrested in New Orleans.

Police confirmed that the 39-year-old Transformers star was arrested in the early hours of Tuesday (February 17), with a statement claiming he had struck someone with ‘closed fists’.

Reports from Variety cited court records saying that LaBeouf was arrested on suspicion of two counts of simple battery following the incident in New Orleans’ French Quarter.

Christy Carlson Romano shares health update

Following his arrest, the New Orleans Police Department released a statement.

It said: « A man identified as 39-year-old Shia LaBeouf was reportedly causing a disturbance and becoming increasing[ly] aggressive at a Royal Street business. »

« Once removed from the building, the victim reported being struck by LaBeouf who used his closed fists on the victim several times, » it continued. « The victims reported that LaBeouf left, but then came back, acting even more aggressive. »The statement said that LaBeouf had allegedly ‘assaulted another person’ by ‘punching him in the nose’.

It added: « LaBeouf was again held down until police arrived. »

He was then taken to hospital for the ‘treatment of unknown injuries’.

LaBeouf took to X today (February 18) to share a message, though this has not gone into any further detail about precisely what happened.

After news coverage of his arrest began to appear, the actor wrote: « Free me. »

While the precise events leading up to the incident are not yet clear, it is alleged that LaBeouf had been thrown out of an establishment prior to the incident.An anonymous bartender who claims to have waited on LaBeouf last Thursday told The Hollywood Reporter: « He is terrorizing the city! »

LaBeouf has previously opened up about his sobriety after his ex-girlfriend, FKA Twigs, sued him in 2020, with LaBeouf facing accusations of abuse.

After five years the dispute was settled out of court in 2025, and LaBeouf said at the time that he had been ‘abusive to myself and everyone around me for years’.

He said: « I have no excuses for my alcoholism or aggression, only rationalizations… I am not cured of my PTSD and alcoholism, but I am committed to doing what I need to do to recover, and I will forever be sorry to the people that I may have harmed along the way. »The latest incident occurred during the Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans on ‘Frat Tuesday’, which brings the famous celebrations to a close marking the beginning of Lent.
The Vice President, JD Vance, has been criticized over his response to whether he would ever run as president of the US.

Vance was appearing on Fox News’ The Story with Martha McCallum when he was asked about his plans for the 2028 election and whether he would be running for president.

Laughing, Vance responded: “Would I?

“One of the things that I don’t like about this question, and this entire perspective, is that I’ve been in this job for a year, about a year and six months ago, I asked the American people to give me this job that I have right now.

« Why don’t I do as good of a job as I can in this job, we’ll worry about the next job sometime in the future. »

People were taken aback by Vance’s reaction, but it was more to do with his laughing rather than what he actually said.One person wrote online: “That was the most cartoonishly evil laugh I’ve ever heard. »

While another added: “That’s the forced laugh that first-year theater kids practice before auditions. »

Alongside Secretary of State Marco Rubio, Vance is one of the favourites to run for president in 2028.

“I think it’s so interesting the media wants to create this conflict where there just isn’t any conflict,” Vance added during the chat.

“Marco’s doing a great job. I’m trying to do as good a job as I can. The president’s doing a great job. We’re going to keep on working together.”

Vance’s comments come after numerous remarks made by President Donald Trump about whether he would be able to run for president for a third time in 2028, something that is currently not permitted.

The US Constitution’s 22nd Amendment clearly states that no president can be elected more than twice, while the 12th Amendment closes the VP loophole by saying that anyone ineligible to be president also can’t serve as vice president. But that hasn’t stopped Trump or his supporters from speculating about ways to stretch his time in the White House.

Back in October, Steve Bannon, who was a White House strategist during Trump’s first term, made shocking claims about the matter.During an interview with The Economist which was released on October 23, Bannon revealed how the strategy could see Trump remain in power.

“There’s many different alternatives. At the appropriate time, we’ll lay out what the plan is, but there’s a plan, » he said.

“He’s gonna get a third term. Trump is gonna be president in ’28, and people just sort of [need to] get accommodated with that.”
‘Slender Man stabber’ Morgan Geyser gave cops an undeniably eerie reply when she was apprehended on Sunday evening.

On Saturday (November 22), Geyser escaped from her group home after cutting off her ankle monitor.

Geyser is one of the two students who were convicted of brutally stabbing their classmate Payton Leutner 19 times after luring her into a forest in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Supposedly, they attacked Leutner to ‘please the Slender Man’, a fictional horror character.

Miraculously, Leutner survived the 2014 incident.

Both Geyser and her accomplice, Anissa Weier, were charged with first-degree attempted intentional homicide.

Geyser was sentenced to 40 years in a mental hospital in 2018 but earlier this year, she was released from the facility and sent to a group home after three psychologists testified she was prepared for supervised release.

As part of her release, Geyser was told she had to wear a monitoring bracelet.

Geyser recently escaped from the home but was found by law enforcement the following evening.

She was discovered at Thornton’s truck stop with another person and was taken into custody around 10.30pm on Sunday evening (November 23). The pair were found asleep on the sidewalk.

« The female repeatedly refused to provide her real name and initially gave a false one, » police said of the 23-year-old.

« After continued attempts to identify her, she finally stated that she didn’t want to tell officers who she was because she had ‘done something really bad,’ and suggested that officers could ‘just Google’ her name. »The male companion Geyser was with has not been named but was reportedly charged with criminal trespassing and obstructing identification.

The unnamed man, who is said to be 42 years old, has been released. Police have not disclosed details on his possible involvement in Geyser’s escape from the group home.

It is unclear if Geyser is facing any new charges.

While Geyser was at large, a representative for Leutner and her family issued a statement assuring people that they were safe.

« Payton Leutner and her family are aware of the most recent situation regarding Morgan Geyser, » the family’s spokesperson told ABC News.

« Payton and her family are safe and are working closely with local law enforcement to ensure their continued safety. »

The rep added: « The Leutner family also wish to thank the outpouring of support from family, friends, and well-wishers who have contacted them during this difficult time. »